For our next OSGeo-Live release, 11.0, we propose to reduce the number of packages included, and only support a 64 bit distribution, (32 bit will be built but not tested or officially supported).
Factors leading to this suggestion include:
- Some projects have dwindling communities and momentum.
- Increased OSGeo-Live scope has increased our core maintenance and testing.
- Reduced engagement from projects (partly due to less core time spent reaching out to projects)
- Missing our first release milestone in 9 years.
Questions we will ask in assessing which projects to keep include:
- Is there an ACTIVE OSGeo-Live liaison person/people for the project? See "Contact" column in our Package List.
- Has the Project Overview and Quickstart been reviewed and are they current and complete?
- Do OpenHub metrics reflect an active and healthy community:
- Is the project being updated on OSGeo-Live with each release?
- 5-Jun-2017 OSGeo-Live Feature Freeze (final application versions installed)
- 19-Jun-2017 OSGeo-Live delivered to UAT (final application versions installed - Beta stage)
- 24-Jul-2017 OSGeo-Live Final ISO
- 14-Aug-2017 FOSS4G 2017 Boston